A savings account is an account at a financial institution used for regular savings. It usually pays more interest than a chequing account. Usually financial institutions have a no-fee option for this type of account, some have a "high" interest type as well.
- High-interest savings accounts
- Low cost banking
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate
- Tax Free Savings Account
- Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC), Savings Accounts and Chequing Accounts
- Choosing a savings account | Bank accounts | Investor Education Fund
- Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC), Savings accounts